On Sunday 10 November members of the NDGA Artistic squad competed in the Kent Championships held at their home turf, NDGA in Tunbridge Wells. The competition was tough but having the home supporter advantage the gymnasts brought home another great haul of medals.
Amy Battell, Artistic Coach at NDGA said: “Our gymnasts having been working hard in training and it showed at the competition. We are very proud of their achievements and delighted to have done so well on home ground. It was also great to get such great feedback about our facilities from the other competitors who are keen to return in the future.”
- In Modified Level 4 99+ age group Chelsea Borrego-O’Callaghan placed 5th Overall in her age group.
- The Modified Level 6 gymnasts competed next. NDGA gymnasts included Iona Dunkerley, Georgia Menhinick, Jasmine Wynter, Madeleine Jupp and Florence Sheppard.
- Iona won Gold in her age group and another gold for the highest score overall in the Modified Level 6 category. Within this category Georgia Menhinick came in with a close score, placing 2nd overall. Jasmine Wynter placed 4th Overall.
- In the Modified Level 6 2000+ age group Madeleine Jupp placed 2nd overall.
- Sunday afternoon saw Violet Manser compete in her 2nd competition. Violet performed extremely well in the Level 6 prep 2006 age group placing 1st on Bars. In her age group, Violet placed 2nd overall.
- Sunday evening continued with the success of more medals with Rosie Bayliss, Eleanor Robinson and Harriet Blair all competing in the Level 5 competition.
- Rosie Bayliss competed in the 2005 age group placed 4th Overall.
- Harriet Blair who competed in the 2004/2003 age group became the overall champion in this age group, whilst team mate Eleanor Robinson came in close with 2nd Place.