Try this recipe from The Mark cross at home
Smoked Haddock and Salmon Fishcakes
(Makes 4 portions/8 fishcakes)
- 200g Salmon
- 200g Smoked haddock
- 4x Large baking potatoes
- 1x Bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 25g Chopped chives
- 25g Chopped dill
- 1x Lime, zested and juiced
- 1x Chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 250g Pancho breadcrumbs
- 2x free range eggs and 100ml of milk, whisked
- 100g Plain flour
- Seasoning to taste
- You will need a deep bodied baking tray, lined with grease proof paper. Put the fish, juice and zest, chopped chilli and 8tbsp of water in the tray and cover with foil. Put in the oven at 170c/180c for 8-10 minutes, then leave to cool down.
- Bake 4 large baking potatoes at 180c for 40-45 minutes, then scoop out the insides and discard the skins.
- Put chopped herbs, spring onions, fish and potato mix into a large bowl and mix together. Form 8 medium sized balls, roll the balls into the flour, then add the egg mix and finally the pancho breadcrumbs.
- Ideally deep fry at 170c until golden or oven cook on a lightly greased oven tray at 180c for 15 minutes.
- A vine tomato and mixed leaf salad with Aioli (garlic mayonnaise) is a great accompaniment with this dish.