Signor Franco’s fettuccine with crab meat and asparagus
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a shallot, finely chopped
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 200g Maris Piper potato very, very finely diced
- 250g fresh white crab meat
- Handful of grated parmesan
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes. Drain then cut into 1 inch lengths. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry onions until they are translucent.
- Add crab meat and cook for 1 minute over a gentle heat, stirring all the time. Add the diced potato, vegetables stock and pinch of salt. Allow to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering cook pasta in separate pan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it, and the asparagus, to the sauce. Sprinkle in the parmesan and the parsley. Mix everything together well. Serve immediately.